Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 6, 2014


Dear Family :)
     This weekend has been so amazing it was exactly what I needed. On Saturday we went over to help Sister Whitmeyer in our ward with cleaning her hay baler for the winter (I have no idea if that is how you spell that) it was super fun being there on her ranch. We were able to play with the mini horses and some regular horses too. I am starting to realize I really like horses, like I love being around them, anyways that was totally random. So after we cleaned the hay baler we went inside and watched the first session of conference with her. We missed Elder Packers on accident, don't worry I caught up later and I love it. But the talk right after Elder Packers about not being afraid of men was so powerful it was just what I needed. I have slowly got a lot better and majorly better here in Bozeman with not being afraid of men views, but I can do a lot better. 
     The next session we watched at the church and Elder Anderson's talk was awesome cause Here in Bozeman we have found a lot of anti stuff and it just seems like it is getting worse and worse and Elder Anderson's talk just was all about staying strong in the gospel. He bore such a powerful testimony about Joseph Smith. All the anti stuff is about Joseph too, which is not surprising because Moroni did tell Joseph his name would be spread around the world for good and evil. Elder Anderson said "Spiritual questions deserve Spiritual answers" How true that is. So many people, and I have done it myself, ask a spiritual question and I look and only want a educational answer, or a factual answer, when really why would it come that way if I asked a spiritual question. I would not look to math to find a answer  to a English question. Plus spiritual answers are what helps us act in faith and be truly converted to the gospel :) The next thing Elder Anderson said was " The internet does not have a truth filter" BAM! That needed to be said and addressed. I am so thankful he said that :)
    One of my favorite talks also was Jorg Klebingat...I don't remember what his name was, but he was from like Germany or Finland and just laid down the law. His talk just hit me a lot probably cause it was so bold, but so awesome!
      It was a wonderful conference really focused on listening and following the prophet and staying in the boat! I pray that we can all remember the words and read them again and apply them. I feel like this conference was one of the most powerful conferences I have seen. They are all amazing but this one was even more so. 
     OK now to some miracles that happened this week :) this week was rough almost all of our appointments this week canceled, not even joking. One day every single one of them canceled, however this week we have worked so hard, even though appointments canceled we worked hard to teach people and still were able to get in more lessons than we even had planned. We have been focused on sharing the gospel with everyone because we love them, not cause of a number, but they are Gods children and we must share this with them.
        Remember how a couple emails ago I talked about brother Tinjum, and how he is trying to find truth again, we were able to see him and his family this week and share a message with them. What a wonderful family, I don't really know what to say about the visit except the spirit was there and they are wonderful. It was the first time Sister Harwood was able to meet brother Tinjum and she felt it also, especially when we were able to talk to him and his sweet wife. She felt so good with them also, she said "They are our family" So that was a miracle.
           Yesterday was a miracle also :) Remember Austin who we were teaching over the phone. Well a couple weeks ago he was discouraged and did not know if he could make the commitments to be baptized. Well Saturday night after praying as to what to do cause it was 8:30 and we had nothing and I just had this thought, "call Austin now"! So we did, and we told him about conference on Sunday and on Sunday between sessions we talked to him...he watched it all! He told us about the talks he liked and everything. Then we asked him where he was in the Book of Mormon and he told us he was reading about king Benjamin and how great king Benjamin was. So I know he is reading and then he told us he wanted to be baptized, and we set a tentative date! He is planning a time to meet us. I hope it works out. I have known him over the phone for like 3 months now and I just want to meet him haha. His testimony is growing, that is what the Book of Mormon does. If we become unsure or confused or don't know what we need to do to get closer to God, we must read the Book of Mormon. It is more than just the word of God, but it is a way to God. If we read, we will progress in the gospel. If the Book of Mormon is true then Joseph Smith is a prophet, then we have a prophet today, then we need to keep our covenants! I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I pray every time I finish the Book or Mormon and I pray throughout reading it as well. Just like M. Russell Ballard said "We must experience continuing conversion" To know it is true only once is not good enough, we must constantly work on our conversion. I know this is true cause when I am doing what I need to do to keep my testimony growing I am truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ which is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know this is true.
         I love all of you and I hope you have a great week and I invited you to read the Book of Mormon now, if you have not done it for a while, or even just a day. Read the Book of Mormon daily. In 2 Nephi 31 it tells us to feast upon the words of Christ, they will tell us what we must to and will help us find eternal life.
            -Love Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment