Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 9, 2013



Dear family and friends,

So I kinda actually got to see some of the BYU game with Texas.  We were at an investigators house having a game night and he was watching the game so I got to see bits and pieces, I didn't like stare at the TV, but I could see what was happening sometimes, it's funny cause it is Tony and Deena that we were with and Tony is totally trying to immerse himself in the LDS culture, aka BYU TV and football!!! bahahha Isn't that like the coolest thing ever!! So we ended up leaving at 9 cause of curfew, but at 5:30 in the morning I get a call from Tony, cause they wake up super early, and he's like "How are you Sister Draudt?  How long have you been up?" and I say "about 5 seconds" and he's like "Sister Draudt you need to start waking up earlier, it's better for you." He is such a bum, I am so happy I'm not Deena, he probably wakes her up at like 3 in the morning… anyways he called us cause they were up and told us the final score and that BYU won, and so we all were super excited.

So the Gunther’s who we live with have a friend visiting with them this week from Alaska! Anyways it is awesome cause he is catholic, but we totally tricked him into listening to the first lesson! I was like "We need to practice on people and I think you could really help us out." And it worked.  It was so cool by the end of the lesson, Charlie (the guy) said "Wow I have this strong feeling that I was placed here at this time with you sister missionaries for a reason."  And then we gave him a Book of Mormon and like an hour later he came to me and said, "I've read the first couple pages." It is awesome and he wants us to pray with him a lot, so when he goes home on Wednesday we are totally getting missionaries over to him in Alaska.  How crazy would it be if Sarah was his missionary?! That would be so cool!!!
  
We also taught this less active family and it was only the mom who was there and her 2 kids, but we taught her the restoration, and then it was cool cause Sister Barkdull asked her if she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet, and she just sat there and then Sister Chenoweth, (the lady) replied and said "I did at one time." And she started to cry! And we talked about testimonies with her and how that since she used to know means that it is still there. She just has to find it. We talked to her about how testimonies build on each other, and since she does have a testimony of Heavenly Father's love for her, and eternal families, etc., she can build on those and they will help her with Joseph Smith.  We got another appointment, and it was just so neat cause they have met with elders for a long time, but she only has told us how she feels, she said it was really hard to admit to us, and like I seriously think that me and Sister Barkdull are the missionaries for her, and that she will find her testimony again. :)

We also got this referral from some elders so we went to hunt it down and when we got there it was at an assisted living center for people with brain injuries, and the referral was not home, but 2 ladies came out and commented on Sister Parr's height (Sister Parr is our sister training leader and has been with us most of this week on exchanges, she is 6'3”) so we all started talking and then the one lady left and there was this old lady Patricia there, she was taking a smoke, we asked her if she knew anything about the church and she said "Well ya I was baptized 10 years ago, but I'm sad there is no church near by" and we told her that there actually was and it was really cool she really enjoyed talking to us :) and we left and came back the next day to visit with her and we are getting her a ride to church next week. Well we told the bishop about this lady, well she happens to be on the rolls and he told us that about a month ago she told her home teacher she wants her records removed! WHAT???  We told him we talked to her like 2 days earlier.  So I have no idea what is going on with her, but I kinda think that it is she was sick of people trying to visit her, but then we ran into her totally on accident, and she was much more open to it.

I love my companion so much we are like meant to be best friends, not even kidding; she is from Lehi by the way. We get along so great and I feel like we were meant to meet, like we talk about how when we get home and things we will do and how we will be at each others weddings and stuff :) I love her! She is for sure gonna be one of my eternal friends :) My week has been pretty great.  I really love being here.  I love Great Falls. Tony and Deena talk to me a lot about me moving up here after my mission, which I don't plan on, but it's funny talking to them about it and about them coming to Utah! I could not ask for a better life. I seriously am so lucky, like ya there are hard times, but seriously they don't compare to the good times and the hard times just build us up :) I love being a missionary. I love singing the Armies of Helaman with the missionaries and I get chills every time we sing "We are NOW the Lord's missionaries to bring the world his truth" I am a missionary now, and I only have 15 months left so I better use it wisely, cause I will never get another chance like this again.  There is work here for me, Andrea Draudt, to do and I must find it and I must accomplish it.

So here is my challenge for everyone who reads this. I want everyone to have family prayer every night starting now, and I want everyone to get a turn to say it. I am going to ask about it next week and I want to hear how it went. Praying is our communication with our Father in Heaven, and He has given us families to love us and support us just like he does, so we need to talk to him about our families and we need to talk to him with our families, not just alone.  We are not here on this earth to struggle alone. He gave us families to help us and to love us and so we need to council with him as a family.  I know we didn't always do family prayer back home but that is changing today, and especially when I am home, so ya'll need to get in that habit now so that it is not hard to change when I am home. Praying brings peace and light, and comfort.  I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I love you all so much, and I need you to pray as a family ok. I pray 24/7 and I pray with my companion all the time, and she is my family right now, and I know that we have a better relationship because of it and that we are able to get along and to be able to serve better and accomplish more because before we do anything we pray and ask Him to help us first so that he helps me and Sister Barkdull do more than we ever could do alone :)

I love you all so much.  Have a great week!!!  :)   Sister Draudt

No comments:

Post a Comment