Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mom's Letter 7/29



This letter was so touching to me that I wanted to share it with you all. (Karen aka Mom)
                                                                

7/29/13
Dear Mom,

Well I thought I would write you a quick letter.  P-day is almost over but I wanted to share a cool story I heard.
    
So yesterday Sunday the 28th we were eating at the Ward Mission Leader's house. We were on our way out the door when I saw this picture of Christ.  It just caught my attention. It was just sitting next to the couch, waiting to be hung on the wall.  This picture was stunning. The Saviors eyes were breath taking, I just couldn't stop looking.  His eyes were blue.  I have never seen his eyes painted blue before, but it was beautiful.  

Sister Johnson then told me the story behind the painting.  I am going to mess it up but I will give you the main idea.  So the artist Liz Lemmon Swendle, I think. Anyway, the artist was at this convention thing with other artists and they were talking about her pictures of Christ.

President Hinckley was there and they had a great conversation.  Then when she was walking out the door, he said, "One more thing, "The Savior had blue eyes." That was all he said.  She then drew this picture. WOW!  How amazing is that? Because really President Hinckley would know what color his eyes are, like really he has more than likely seen him and with that statement he must have seen him.  Just thinking about that story and the Savior gives me chills.  His eyes are breath taking, more than a thousand words.  

I love the Savior.  I know He is my brother and loves me. He loves me so much that he died for me.  He bled for me and while in pain, I was on his mind and he wanted to pay for my sins so that I can return to our Father in Heaven again so that we can be reunited as a family.  He did that for me and for all of us.  I can't think of a way to describe the eyes in that picture of the Savior except for the pure light of Christ and they truly were.  They were and are the Saviors BLUE eyes.  I love him and can't wait till I can see him and just kiss his feet and thank him, thank him, thank him and to feel his embrace.  I will never be able to thank him enough for the sacrifice he made so that I can be forgiven for my human mistakes and I can be with you all, my family for eternity that I will never have to live without you guys.

I love you all so much.  I love you mom, dad, Josh, Brian, Matthew, Chris, Jessica, Rachel, Mallory, Eva, Claire, Brooklyn and Gavin.  Families are forever.  Christ is the Savior and loves us more than we can comprehend.  There are no words to express Heavenly Father's love for us, his children, just like there really are no words to describe those blue eyes of Christ.  I love you all so much and I am so thankful for a family who is strong in the Gospel and who I can share this experience with.  My goal here is to help others see how much Heavenly Father loves them and that they can return.  I have this knowledge and love, it makes me feel so much joy, love and peace, I need to share it with everyone, and I have to give my all to help them, even if it’s just one person because it is not okay if even one person doesn't know this truth.

This is the true gospel of Christ and our Father in Heaven.

Love, Sister Draudt  

(PS, I'm sorry I totally just rambled, but it was important for me to express my thoughts. hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment