Friday, September 26, 2014

September 22, 2014

Dear Family,

This week has been really awesome, we went on exchanges this week and so I had Sister Lemmon with me and we were able to do so much work, like so many people that we have been trying to contact we finally met and got a hold of. I had a really cool experience. While on exchanges we went to try the Tinjum family. I had met Sister Tinjum once before, and this time I met Brother Tinjum. I am always nervous when talking to people for the first time, but talking to him I was 100% relaxed and calm, no nerves at all. I know that that was the Holy ghost. We just stood at the door and his daughter who is about 10 came over and was talking to us also. She told us she goes to church with her friend, they go to a non denominational church, she is the cutest thing and was asking us sincerely about how we know what Jesus looks like and also she was telling us about how she loves to pray, that when she has a hard day, or just whenever, she loves to go in her room and just talk to God and try to feel him, she bore testimony to us without even knowing it that she knows God lives and that she feels him around her. She is such a powerful girl. Brother Tinjum was very kind and we were able to talk to him about where he stands in the church and he opened up, which doesn't seem like that happens often because the ward doesn't even really know who he is. He told us he grew up in the church and was super active til about 2 years ago. Then he started telling us that everything he based who he was on, was on money.  He wanted to have the most money and  the nicest car, and about 2 years ago he realized that was wrong and that his whole life was centered on money, and he had twisted good in his life to be pride. He told us that he wants to know the Mormon church to be right.  He loves it, but he is trying to completely start over, cause he doesn't want anything to be founded on money and pride. He is really trying to find God again. His little girl asked about the Book of Mormon and we talked about it and he told her what a wonderful book it was. It was so powerful. I have heard so many excuses on my mission, but his was real, like he is trying not to be prideful, I can't explain it over email, or even talking, but I felt how truly sincere he was. He really opened up with me and we were talking and I asked if we could come over again, and he said yes and that he wants to talk, because he felt that I was not fake, but I was sincere as well, and that he would love to talk with someone who was sincere. Brother Tinjum is wonderful, The sprit that was there while we were talking was and is undeniable, I know the Holy Ghost was there to soften him as well as to help me not be nervous so I could truly be my self and talk with him. This was one of the most amazing moments of my mission :)
        
 The last couple weeks have been full of people and anti stuff also...I have never run into anti really, except a couple of times, until the last couple weeks, and it seems like people just keep finding it. The same stuff that John was reading that I told you about last week, Lisa Pino found it, we went over to their house last night and she told us church was just "eh" but it was such a powerful meeting totally centered around Jesus Christ and the atonement, which is what she wanted. But when she told us she had gotten on the internet I immediately knew that is why she did not enjoy church, cause she had all this anti crap in her head. But we sat down and had her ask her questions and we answered them. We tied everything back to her needing to read the Book of Mormon with a sincere heart. We told her the only way she will know for her self is to go straight to the source, and read the Book of Mormon, not to the internet where there are so many lies and half truths that twist and change the true doctrine of the gospel and history. We told her also that we can share with her everything, but even that is not enough, she needs to read the book, because she can not use what another person says, but she has to read it herself. In the end she felt better and said that she could read. I am so thankful for my testimony of the Book of Mormon and that I know it is true and that the Holy Ghost will show others that is is true.  That is a promise and it will happen if they read with a sincere heart. I have seen this on my mission time and time again. The people who do read and sincerely want to know , receive an answer from God that the book is true, and these people change and progress and become closer to God, But the people who don't read and try take to easy way out, with just listening to us, or even going to the internet, never receive an answer, and it is because they are not reading the Book of Mormon. So if anyone gets anything out of this email today I want it to be that there is no easy way out of God's promises, if we want an answer we have to fully dedicate our selves to finding the answer and reading the Book of Mormon, and i am not saying 5 minutes a day, I mean sincerely pondering and praying and reading the Book or Mormon. I think about how in a college paper you have to sight your sources and they all have to be legitimate sources, from actual texts, not just someone's opinion, or Wikipedia.  It has to be a true source, and that source in the gospel is prayer, because is a direct link to GOD, and the second source is the Book of Mormon, because it is the book that everything we believe is wagered on. I love the Book of Mormon, I know that is it true.
       
Oh! Zack! Zack is awesome! He went back to Billings this week.  Oh my we are going to miss him, we were able to get through almost all the lessons before he left. He told us he wants us to come to his baptism, but we don't know if we will be able to, I would love to though. He is evidence  that Heavenly Father prepares people for the gospel. God also has a plan that is for sure, It was Zacks last day at the food bank for his internship, and we just happened to volunteer that day, and he felt comfortable to talk to us. His Wife is LDS they happened to move to Billings cause that is where the internship is based, and there is temple there. God's hand is in our lives that is for sure. Zack has such a powerful and dedicated testimony. I will have to send pictures of him and us sometime next week :)
         
I love all of you and pray for you daily. I love this gospel :) Have a wonderful week, I am sorry that this email is short, but I can't think of much to say. Love you all!    
 
Love Sister Andrea Draudt

No comments:

Post a Comment