Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 9, 2014

FAMILY!
     
Can I just start off with How great you are. I love my family so much! Honestly I have the best family ever!
     
Well this week his been super busy. I would say it has been one of the best weeks here, and honestly it probably has, but I have never been so exhausted! If I was not as tired it really would be the best week ever! haha We were finishing up monthly reports for President and the Stake presidents so we have been in the office a lot, at least at the beginning of the week. We also had enough appointments and meetings and stuff to do that we maybe had a lunch break 3 times this week...not even a full one haha. We literally have been running around so much! Even though we have not had a lot of breaks we had a great week! I love Sister DeBry! Last night we were talking about how nervous each of us were to be companions, and it's just funny cause It is like meant to be the work is changing here and it is really cool. We work and teach really well together!
       
We have had about 6 people give us just solid referrals this week! One guy in our ward referred us to his Chinese foreign exchange student friend who is Buddhist, and he came to church on Sunday and really enjoyed it! I am excited to start teaching him! He has no Christian background, I have not taught a person like that before, so this will be really interesting haha, but I am excited.
      
This week we had mission tour! Elder Goodoy one of the 70's and his wife came and spoke to us! That was amazing! He talked for most of the time and it was like 6 hours and I honestly can say I never got bored! He is amazing! They are from Brazil, and he was a mission president there also, a long time ago. His wife talked about how each principal of the gospel is vital, and how we have to live all of them. We can not pick and choose. She wrote all these different principals on the board, like tithing, prophets, revelation, God Head, Chastity, plan of salvation etc. We filled a whole white board then she said..hummm well lets erase word of wisdom..I don't like that (just joking)..then she showed us how by erasing that it took away, prophets, cause it was a revelation, so then it took away revelation, which took away God Head, and so on and so forth, and soon enough the board was blank. That was a cool visual aid, like we can not just deny one principal cause they are all interconnected. We used this example she showed us with several investigators this week.
        
Elder Goodoy just had so many amazing things to say..I can't remember a lot...haha but I did take notes. He talked a lot about how well our mission is doing compared to others. He showed us areas we excel in but he also showed us the one area we are lacking, which was so nice because I was able to leave mission tour knowing what I can work on and fix rather than having just a abstract idea to fix, like being a more concentrated missionary...with things like that are great, but I liked having a specific mission area to fix, like he told us the only area we really can do better in is referrals, and he gave us ideas. Like we are good with getting referrals from members and tracking, but we need to be better at getting them from less actives. That was so cool, cause now I can go back and really work on that. He gave us so much advice and I wish I could write more, cause he talked on a lot more than just that area. It was so good!
       
We have been visiting the Hibberts a lot. Luke Walker who is one of their friends gave a talk yesterday! It had been really awesome! Yesterday the two less active Hibberts were gone so we just talked with Jake Hibbert and Luke. They are both preparing to go on missions and so we had a scripture study which was so cool! They are going to be amazing missionaries!

Okay the best part of the week for me was Saturday! We came into the office on Saturday and there was a letter sitting in our box for me...it was addressed to me and was sent from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After a second I realized it was my year mark Letter! So the first day we were in Montana, they had us write a letter to ourselves that we would get on our year mark. And to put some money in there ( I put 20 bucks) I have been so excited to get this letter! I know i have not quite hit my year mark, and I was going to wait till my year mark to read it but I could not resist. So I pulled it out and started reading. I was a little nervous about what it would say, I was worried I would sound ridiculous. That was not the case. The letter ended up being what I needed The first Part says "Congratulations! It has been a year, Well I hope I am doing well. I hope that everything is good because you are working hard and focusing. Even if it's hard just pray, praying helps, Heavenly Father wants to help. Remember the quote Matthew  wrote you in the MTC "Don't tell God how big your problems are, but tell your problems how big God is." I am so proud of you for still going and not giving up. Right now it seems a little overwhelming but I know with the Lords help we will do great. Love the people" Then I continued and bore my testimony. This letter might sound cheese to you, but for me it was perfect. I have learned to completely rely on pray, that when i cant do any more, that I must pray. Prayer is powerful. I have done pretty good with the quote Matthew told me, until the last couple months, and sometimes i would catch my self complaining and praying and being a wimp. But then reading that quote again it hit me. STOP! Not that I do it a lot, but still I do it enough that that quote hit me. Stop! Don't get discouraged and pray for help cause I did not feel strong enough, but rather recognize the strength I have been given. I KNOW that I could not be doing any of this without the Lord. It simply would not be possible. But with his help I can do anything, nothing is impossible. I am so grateful that I have and am figuring that out. 
     
It was really cool to read my testimony, it was pretty simple, or just normal I guess...but my testimony has grown so much! It is much more personal now. I had a testimony when I came out, but it is so much more personal now. Just like we are all individuals and God knows us specifically. That is how I feel about my testimony now. It is my individual one. I can't explain it very well haha so I hope that makes sense.
   
I love this gospel and I love my Heavenly Father and my brother Jesus Christ. I know that they live! I know that they care about me and help me every day. I love that I Can talk with them any time and they will bring me peace. I feel their love. I know they live. I know my family will be together forever we have been sealed together in God's house. We have been sealed and have made very sacred and important and vital covenants there. :) 
      
I love you all :) have a great week :) 
                          
                      -Andrea
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment