Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

I have noticed I always say in my emails that this last week was crazy! I have realized my mission is just crazy! haha But it is amazing! I love every crazy minute. I have to say this last week started off on a bad note. I had a hard Tuesday it started off with the temple, which was amazing! but then just like always Satan works hard on us when we have gone to the temple. Sister Spencer and  I both had a hard time. Then I found out that another missionary I love so much was having a rough time, lucky she is doing better now. So Tuesday was bad, I was so sad and cried..bleh. That night we went to institute and Brandie a less active we work with, went off venting to us about how awful her week has been, and honestly I was broken, I could not handle it. I just sat there. After institute we talked with Brandie, and I was on the verge of tears the whole time. Sister Spencer was my miracle. She was having a rough day also, but she was so sweet, and talked to Brandie and taught Brandie and let me just be sad. Sister Spencer helped me so much on Tuesday. On Wednesday I still was still having a rough day, but the best thing happened that made me so happy. We went with Adriana a recent convert to do baptisms :) Wow! What a wonderful experience. They had us put white dresses on to watch her and it was amazing. Adriana felt the spirit and she was so happy to be here. Adriana is such an example to me I love her so much! Wednesday got a lot better.
      
On Thursday I was all sad again! I was done being sad and I realized that I was being ridiculous. I had changed, I was Andrea from back at home, I was not being Sister Draudt. I began to Pray and pray to be able to change my attitude, because it was up to me to be and I was determined to be happy. When the sun was setting that night I realized that it was a wonderful day! I was so happy,  I was back to me. I was just Happy, and it was marvelous :) My prayer was answered! From then on my week was great! Even though we have been in the Office so much this week it gives me a headache thinking about how much we were looking at computers. I had to finish all these monthly reports and it was killer, but thats ok haha.
       
On Friday we met with Blanca, another recent convert. We had a bond fire and made s'mores with her and her friends. They are so funny! There was actually a boy there named Levi and he told us he was Mormon for 21 years....? He has fallen away and would point out things he did not like about our teachings, but it was a great experience cause he was able to talk with us in a casual environment and we shared Enos with the group of friends. It was so cool to see these friends back us up and stand up for us haha. The conversation turned toward God being Perfect, and it was really neat because it became their conversation and they could feel the spirit so strong. I loved it! Hopefully Levi will come back soon, cause he really is one of the nicest people.
        
Saturday and Sunday !!! Conference! I wanted to know what I can do better to improve my teaching, so that is what I was trying to find during conference. I seriously got an answer in Every Talk! I loved Elder Ballards about Following up! He extended a very Heavy commitment to share the gospel with at least 4 people a year! I am trying to think of people at home I can share the gospel with. I loved Uchtdorfs talk about Gratitude I loved how it was about our choice to be happy also. Especially since that is what I was dealing with earlier in the week! That was amazing. I loved Pres Eyrings talk about happiness also. There were so many good talks! I loved this conference.
         
Last night Sister Spencer and I were able to go see Johnathan and his aunt again. I remember I wrote about them a while ago. We went with the Elders and taught the first lesson. This time they listened rather than just talking haha. His aunt had one of her kids there to. The spirit was very strong in that lesson and powerful. I started to go into the first vision and I got to "light fell upon me..." and I totally stumbled, I was lost and I did not know what to say, I paused for what felt like 5 minutes, but it was more like 5 seconds and I continued, but I could not remember what I was saying or where I was so I just started at "2 personages standing above me in the air" Honestly that should have ruined the lesson, but the spirit was there and so it worked out. That was one amazing miracle. We continued teaching and invited him to be baptized. The elders explained more about baptism and soon Johnathan accepted. One cool part was while there elders were talking the aunts daughter leaded over to her and said "i need to be baptized" How amazing is that! We are now teaching her and her boyfriend also. Johnathan was looking through the Book of Mormon and we told him to read 3 Nephi 11 before next time and he reads the chapter heading and them turns to the pics in the front of Christ in the Americas and he says " This goes to this pictures right?" He is one amazing kid. I love seeing people come to the gospel and learn of Christ. I love watching people, cause you can tell when the spirit testifies to them :)
    
Being a missionary is the best thing ever. I have never been happier, even when I am sad, I still have peace and a happiness. I cant explain it, well yes I can, it is the Spirit. I know for myself that this Church is true. I know that Joseph Smith wanted to know which church was right, and I know that he prayed and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know the priesthood authority of God has been restored to the earth and we can all partake of the blessings of the priesthood. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.
           
                      -Love Sister Andrea Draudt

No comments:

Post a Comment