Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13, 2014



Dearest Family and friends,

Well that is so crazy that Brother Willmore is now Bishop Willmore. I think that it will be amazing. He's a pretty cool guy. What is weird to me is that the whole Bishopric has changed since I left! It is weird that I will be coming home to a whole different bishopric and stake presidency.
    
Everything is just dandy here haha. I have realized how much I really love it here and I really hope I am not transferred this next week. I have been kinda wimpy this week and I realized that yesterday and I think it's because I have been scared of people saying no..since last week that happened a lot haha. But I decided enough was enough and I shouldn't be scared so we went to contact this referral. So we tried this referral, who's husband is less active and she is not a member. They just moved in a couple months ago and guess what her name is? ALEXA...therefore I know I would love this referral haha. We knocked on the door and she answered and immediately invites us in. We only had a couple minutes till dinner, so we set up a time to come back and I am super excited to go back. They are so stinking sweet!
   
 This week has been kinda slow, nothing really cool happened. Except yesterday at dinner we had dinner with the bishops family, and last time he wasn't there.  He is really busy and never has time, so we have yet to have an actual meeting with just him. Well after dinner we talked to him and got so much done! I can't even explain how happy I was. Cause ward counsel is awful usually, like yesterday we showed up and talked for not even 2 minutes and then it was twisted into other peoples agendas and so not missionary efforts happened. I was really frustrated after yesterdays ward counsel cause it happens every time, but then we met with the bishopric. This next week, we decided will completely be dedicated to getting the members acting rather than just talking. So last night we went around to different members and it was awesome. We also saw Brenda :) who I just love. 
    
So I have to tell you all a story. On Wednesday night we had the best mission correlation ever since being here and it was phenomenal. Well we had it at the Bakers house (where we live) so that Brother Crook could fix the wifi on the laptop we use for progress records. Well we were on such a spiritual high.

So many people don't have faith that the natives can change. We had a conversation with a family about it for a half an hour..and well it wasn't really a conversation because we just sat and listened.  The spirit was not there and I didn't want to say anything because I did not want to argue. Finally we went down stairs and we both were so hurt and sad and distraught. Yes, I know they have problems but it's not completely their fault. Read in the Book of Mormon, they are a cursed people! But once they get out they can stay out. It makes me so sad that no one has faith in them. People need faith! Anyways me and Sister Austin said a prayer after and then felt better. That was a rough night though. 
    
Yesterday we saw Brenda cause she was not at church. We went over and found out that she is not doing well at trying to quit smoking. The problem is her son. He smokes about 4 times as much as she does and he purposely does it around her and offers her a cigarette! Gah he made me so mad when he told us that he offers her them. We talked to her about the problem of her smoking and then about prayer. I mentioned how she has to act on the prayer. Right then she burst into tears. I have never seen her cry before. I felt awful. She then started telling us all the awful things that are happening to her. She feels like she is being pulled down and has been forever.  No matter what she does there is this bock and something always is pulling her down so she cant get over it. Brenda has really made a great life for herself considering where she began. She has alcoholic parents, she has had a hard life. But no matter how hard she tries she can never get past this block. We just listened and she cried and cried. I don't know how much comfort we gave her, we read some scriptures though. It is so sad to see her like that. She is suck a sweet lady. She is going to try to stop smoking again. I really hope her son doesn't mess her up again. Keep her in your prayers please. I was thinking about how Brenda is trying everything and cant get passed this block, and I thought about it and how that is the curse. It is Satan working ten times harder on her cause she has so much good to offer. It makes me so mad that people don't have faith in people like her. She is trying so hard and I know that if she had faith in that she can do it.  She needs others to have faith in her also though. I do, I have faith she will get out of that situation.
      
Oh a cool thing that happened, well to me it was cool. Well the beginning is not cool. So Dawn, the lady who we decorated her Christmas tree went out of town for Christmas and then came back, and then her Mormon aunt died. Which made me panic a little cause she had us praying for her aunt and I was scared that since her aunt didn't live that she would think our prayers were not working. Well she told us she would call us when things calmed down. Well like you all know, when people say they will call you, it never happens. Well on Thursday morning Dawn called us and set up a time for us to come over! And not only that, but we have been trying to get her to read the Book of Mormon for weeks and she told us that she has now read the testimonies of the 8 witnesses and the 3 witnesses and will keep reading through the first chapter of Nephi before our appointment with her! Wahooo I am so excited and that is an answer to my prayers.  She has began to read and I know that if she keeps it up she will gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon and understand how true this gospel is! So that is an amazing blessing that happened :)  Anyways that was my week haha. I love you all so much :)
          
Love Andrea 




No comments:

Post a Comment